Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thing 14: Technorati

Technorati...a website I hated at first. As I use it more, however, I am finding more about it to like. I spent some time exploring and searching, and ended up finding quite a few blogs to add to my bloglines account! As far as searching goes, I found that searching for an exact phrase ("christian marriage" is what I used) worked really well. Found lots of good sites that way. When I did the search with "all of the words" instead, I found a couple of good things, but mostly articles that were off-topic.

I explored popular blogs and searches...I did find one blog that was very interesting. It's Guy Kawasaki's "How to Change the World" blog. He had a post about a visit to an aircraft carrier, the USS John C. Stennis. He posted about 150 pictures from his visit, and it was really cool to look at the pictures...it reminded me of my visit to the aircraft carrier my dad served on, the USS Lexington. The Lexington is basically a museum now, so it was really neat to see pictures from an active carrier.

No comments: