Saturday, October 25, 2008
Thing 16: Wikis
Exploring the many library wiki sites was very educational. I found two things that were especially interesting to me: on the St. Joseph County Public Library's Subject Guides, under "Finding Birth Families," I thought it was really neat how they had all this information, complete with links to other websites but also small pictures of the books they have there at the library that deal with that subject. Very cool way to integrate. The other thing I really liked was the Princeton Public Library's BookLovers Wiki. It was very interesting to look over the reviews...such a variety, books as well as reviewers! I think that for book clubs (like the Winter Reading Club), wikis are perfect and would be so fun! I know how fun it was finding new titles to read when comparing people's libraries on Library Thing, and I think this would be similar to that...browsing through various reviews, finding new books to try.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment